Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Something... Broke.

I'm actually talking about this song: Something Broke: The Continuing Tale of Pinkie Pie and Ponycide. It's a long song (20 minutes) but it's worth the listen... I wouldn't recommend it to a younger audience though since it has a vulgar word or two, and the imagery that this song brings out is quite brutal.

Why do I bring this up out of nowhere? I want to animate this song. All of it. For a month now, I've been wanting to do some sort animation project, and I've been thinking of using my character, and no ponies what-so-ever. HOWEVER... something just clicked in me a few nights ago. I had come up with several ideas on how I would storyboard several sections of this song, and it gave me a lot more motivation to actually start work on this. So, while I WAS going to do a simple 1 minute animation showing animation (I still have no idea what kind of animation), I would MUCH rather work on a 20 minute song that I have many ideas for that I'd love to try animating. It may take a several months to finish this project, but in the end, I hope it's worth it. Anyways, now I need to somehow fix my issue with my tablet in Flash so that I could actually draw in the program.

I'll also still be doing work on Aftermath Saga (supposed to build characters to use in a skeletal animation system) while working on this large animation project.

No comments:

Post a Comment