Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Demo Reel - Progress (Jan 26)

I admit, I'm falling behind now. However, I plan to make it up in the next week. I was hoping to have the blocking out done, but I only got half of the blocking out done for Scene 1. I realize that giving myself a day to do the entire blocking out for 2 scenes (~20 seconds of animation) wasn't enough time.


Anyways, I have reference of myself to show off, and part of my Scene 1. For the reference in Scene 2, I don't think I even know how to swing a sword. I keep spinning around... maybe it's because the prop I was using was too long (almost damaging the apartment! =D ). Either way, I slowed myself down for the last few takes... I guess no matter what, he'd take a step forward, and face his back to the camera when he slashes the sword.

I was going to film myself sacking myself for reference of Moom falling and getting sacked, but I have 2 problems with that. 1. Even though the reference would be of someone (me) actually getting sacked, I would have to exaggerate it a lot to make it look animated for animation purposes. 2. It would hurt like hell, so there's no way I'm going to do that to myself. If the reference I get for it isn't good enough, then my efforts would be wasted, and I would have sacked myself for nothing. Sooooooooo no. I'll just look up reference on the good 'ol internet/youtube.

For all the times I do weird things in my references, it's just what I did to keep myself sane while gathering reference, and it'll keep me sane while animating. The other reason why I'm leaving in this much footage for my reference is also because some gestures read better in other takes. It's best to use all of what I've got, no?



All of the animation I have so far is still rough. I don't plan to have it fully animated until, at the very least, a week. So far, I've only got Scene 1 blocked. I'll be doing the blocking for Scene 2 soon enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment