Thursday, January 13, 2011

Update on a few things

I'm a bit ahead of schedule, or rather, on schedule. I finished making a tighter shot and the camera animation for the balancing scene (Scene 2). I almost decided to add cuts to this scene to break it up more, but it wouldn't give me the feeling I wanted. It's supposed to be made as a home video. So likewise, I looked up home video reference on the internet, and there are plenty of resources. I used a couple Mindthink Springs, and constrained the camera root to it. To make it so that the camera didn't go everywhere when it moves, I stiffened the springs to around 1.00 for the bottom one, and .90 for the top spring. The springs are just to add to the shakiness, but I don't want it to be too distracting. Also, I put Guy V2 into my scene, and of course, nothing is animated yet. Everything in this scene is still rough.

If you can't tell what he's doing in this scene, well, I gave Guy a sword prop. he'll be using that to slice the bamboo, and then walk off screen.

EDIT: New update! I finished the camera animation for the Fire Walk scene (Scene 3). Same method used. Basically I'm adding a tighter shot on Moom to show his animation better. On the down side, it shows less of Guy, but on the plus side, I don't have to do his gesture animation for that portion the camera is looking at just Moom. I should be done with the next scene's camera animation very soon too... but I'll rest for now.

Another update: I met my milestone for Jan. 19. Scene 4 (Shuriken scene) camera animation is done. If it doesn't read well yet, it may yet once there are key animations implemented. For now, there will be a lack of animation. Feedback would always be nice.

Sorry, forgot to upload Scene 5's camera animation. I also attempted making the cabin collapse ahead of schedule. The cabin animation very rough right now, but it gets the idea across better than it did in my storyboards, or previous renders.

No comments:

Post a Comment